Tuesday, August 9, 2016

August 8 & 9

August 8 got off to slow start after our 8 mile hike on the 7th.  We figure on just trying to fish some and take it easy.  We wanted to try to fish at Many Glacier and as we were driving up there, a big black bear ran across the road in front of us about 50 yards.  Good thing I am a slow driver from the south -  In hindsight that bear taught me a good lesson - don't stop in the middle of the road - keep going and head for the trees.

No good fishing opportunities presented themselves to us so we went down to Two Medicine and remembered from our visit in 2011, things hadn't changed to much at all.  That was good to see.

Back to the camper for a special supper of left over steak and pasta - I gave way to the head cook when it comes to pasta - glad I did too!

August 9 - we broke camp this morning, had a quicky breakfast of cereal and milk and lit out for Great Falls - Tammy followed me in the jeep.

The drive was pleasant and I got to watch a thunderstorm move across the prairie - what a site that was.  The power of God Almighty himself was present.

Stopped by the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in GF.  Pretty interesting as I always find something new to learn about the Corp of Discovery.

Three hours later we checked into a hotel for a comfortable bed and food cooked on a real stove.  Ate at Bert and Ernie's - great chow - watched some more bad weather come rolling through and dumped about 2 inches of rain in less than 30 minutes.  Streets were flooded and provide some additional entertainment for the evening.

Tomorrow we head out for Medora ND and Theodore Roosevelt National Park!

I hated to turn my back on the mountains of Montana.  Seems like I felt so much at home there.

Peace to you all
~goodnight

jim & Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment